In the State of Georgia, there are plenty of places to explore and create a real outdoor Adventure in. Full Moon Adventures takes people to all sorts of wild and scenic places where a person can challenge themselves in the mountains or relax and enjoy the amazing sunset on an island.
Why Georgia? We say “Why not Georgia”? From the North Georgia Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean, Georgia has some pretty exciting places to travel to.
We put a list together of the top 5 places Full Moon Adventures will take you in 2016, just in Georgia.
- Cohutta Wilderness and the Jacks River Trail. – Backpacking Adventure. We take you deep in the some of the oldest mountains on the planet. The Cohutta Wilderness is the largest designated wilderness in the Southeast. Cross Jacks River 38 times on a epic adventure.
- The Appalachian Trail – The northern terminus starts in Northern Georgia and we take you on some of the most amazing parts of the AT in Georgia. From Amicalola State Park, to Blood Mountain, you will quickly see the magic of the AT.
- Kayak to Little Tybee Island – Georgia just isn’t mountains, it’s also a whole lot of ocean. Full Moon Adventures loves to take you on a full moon trip via sea kayak to Little Tybee Island where we camp on beach front right on a un-developed island. Sometimes Dolphins may even make an appearance.
- Okefenokee Swamp – Enjoy an amazing paddle experience in one of the oldest southern swamps. See some Alligators and exotic birds all around you. Located in the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, the Okefenokee Swamp Park is a convenient point of entry and a magnificent show-window for the “Land of the Trembling Earth.”
- Cumberland Island – Two words “Wild”, and “Horses”. Georgia’s largest and southernmost barrier island. Here pristine maritime forests, undeveloped beaches and wide marshes whisper the stories of both man and nature. It is a place of transformation. It is this intangible feature that seems to be the most important benefit which Cumberland Island has for its guests. Full Moon Adventures goes there all the time. We love it.
We constantly look for new and exciting places to go and to share with others. Keep checking our Adventure Trips or (if you live in Georgia) are local meetup page to see what is coming up and book a trip with us.